Ridge Low GTX® Men
A low-cut velours shoe developed specifically for via ferrata – robust, relieving, direct, close-fitting and close to the ground. With integrated memo foam and pre-shaped tongue. Additional comfort and safety with the proven GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort Footwear membrane and the newly developed gripex™ IronGrip sole with integrated Sonar technology, flexible ribs, special lugs and a rubber blend for increased grip on the via ferrata's iron stemples …
|Weight for UK size 8.5 (per shoe):||511|
Characteristics / Features
|Last index:||Via Ferrata|
|Weight for UK size 8.5 (per shoe):||511|
- Premium quality foam cushioning which is worked into the instep, shin, and ankles of many Mammut models. The foam has excellent elasticity and returns to its original shape after being subject to intensive loads.
- Sonar Technology
- Rubber toe cap
- Damping element made from three different soft materials. Thus a zone can be designed more softly and another zone more supporting depending upon need.
- Board lasted
GORE-TEX Performance Comfort Footwear
100% guaranteed waterproofnessGood breathability
Durable opencell split leatherGood breathability
Fine-grained synthetic leather with a sanded finishLight and water-repellent
Every aspect of Mammut's long-standing sole know-how in footwear design and development has flowed into this mountain trail running soleIts profile has been inspired by the concentric patterns formed by spreading sonar wavesRunning in the mountains generates very high braking and thrusting forces in the sole and requires optimal sole edge stability and strength
Guarantees an individual fitPads the foot on the instep, shinbone and ankle
gripex Outsole Technology
gripex™ is a sole concept developed by Mammut which considers the specific requirements of each application area. The Mammut design and development team has drawn on over 100 years of experience to create a sole structure system that makes optimal use of adherence and abrasion criteria.
Damping element made from three different soft materials. Thus a zone can be designed more softly and another zone more supporting depending upon need.
Material Leather 1
Velours leather, or suede leather, is obtained by an internal split of the hide/skin. Thanks to its rough surface structure it is highly abrasion resistant and breathable. Depending on the required finish, Velours leather can be waxed, brushed or left untreated.
Material Leather 2
This synthetic leather is hard to tell apart from genuine nubuck leather, except that it’s lighter and absorbs very little water.
GORE-TEX Performance Comfort Footwear
100% guaranteed waterproof thanks to premium quality high-fitting, sealed, insert socks made of PTFC (PolyTetraFluorCarbone). The Performance version offers excellent breathability with average warming ability.
gripex IronGrip sole
Sole developed specifically for via ferrata All-round safety and grip concept Flexible ribs and special lugs for increased grip on the via ferrata's iron stemples
Shoes must be protected from water, wet conditions and dirt. Since wet conditions and dirt affect leather's natural properties, such as temperature control and comfort, shoe care is a very important area.
- Use a brush to remove any dirt, or brush the shoe under running water to remove persistent soiling
- Leather cleaning products are not recommended since the soap damages the waterproofing treatment
- After cleaning the shoes, rub in the appropriate wax or silicone-based care products or polish them using a soft brush
- Dry leather needs nutrients in the form of wax (no grease or oil). Apply a very thin layer and then work into the leather
- The application of wax makes nubuk or velours leather appear darker and smoother. Liquid care products maintain the leather's original appearance for longer, but provide fewer nutrients
- The best way to clean the lining (textile, GORE-TEX® and leather) is using lots of cold water and a sponge. The lining retains high quantities of salt from perspiration. In the long term, these can have a damaging effect on textiles and leather lining materials.
- A waterproofing treatment should be applied regularly to footwear. We recommend sprays without fluorcarbone, the surrounding says thank you!
- Waterproofing treatments work best when applied immediately after cleaning, once the shoe is completely dry. To ensure maximum performance, we recommended reapplying a waterproofing treatment the day before a tour.
- Waterproofing is important to keep your feet dry. Leather or textiles saturated with dirt and water are no longer able to breathe, resulting in increased perspiration.
- To achieve optimal resistance to water and dirt, the waterproofing treatment should be applied to clean and dry leather. Clean the shoes first.
- The waterproofing treatment can be applied as soon as the leather is completely dry.
- Spray the shoes thoroughly in a well-ventilated room or in the open air, using slow and even movements, from a distance of around 20 cm.
- Wait until the shoes are completely dry before wearing them. 100 percent protection will be achieved after around 24 hours.
If leather is not cared for regularly, it becomes hard and brittle and its appearance suffers. Shoe care is important to prevent this. This makes the leather pliant, flexible and keeps it looking good. Regular care also prevents the appearance of small cracks.
- Remove shoelaces and insoles.
- Carefully remove dirt from the shoes using a brush. For persistent soiling, you can also brush the shoes under running water. Do not use any cleaning products. Soap damages leather.
- Stuff cleaned leather shoes with newspaper, and change the newspaper regularly. This helps them to dry faster. (N.B. GORE TEX-lined shoes dry better without any newspaper inside them)
- Wait until the leather is completely dry, before treating them.
Our feet can be encased in our shoes for up to 16 hours during long hikes, bicycle tours or a long working day. Sweat accumulates in socks and shoes. The comforting warmth of this enclosed damp environment creates the ideal breeding ground for germs. Regular application of freshening products helps to keep the inside of your shoes fresh and clean.
If stored properly, a shoe retains its shape and function for a longer period. Never store shoes when they are wet or dirty. This makes the leather brittle.
- After wearing, store shoes with tongues fully open and insoles removed in a shady, dry and well-ventilated area
- Shoe trees should always be placed in dry shoes before storage
- Never store shoes when they are wet, or in poorly ventilated places, such as in a car, a plastic bag or a cellar
- Do not dry near a source of heat (fire, hot stove, etc.)
- Shoes with leather linings can be stuffed with newspaper. Shoes with a GORE-TEX lining dry faster without any newspaper inside
All shoe sizes are shown in UK sizes.
|FOOTWEAR - UNISEX|
|3.5||36||5.0||4.5||220 (2.0)||220 (2.0)|
|4||36 2/3||5.5||5.0||225 (2.0)||225 (2.0)|
|4.5||37 1/3||6.0||5.5||230 (2.0)||230 (2.0)|
|5||38||6.5||6.0||235 (2.0)||235 (2.0)|
|5.5||38 2/3||7.0||6.5||240 (2.0)||240 (2.0)|
|6||39 1/3||7.5||7.0||245 (2.0)||245 (2.5)||245 (2.0)|
|6.5||40||8.0||7.5||250 (2.0)||250 (2.5)||250 (2.0)|
|7||40 2/3||8.5||8.0||255 (2.0)||255 (2.5)||255 (2.0)|
|7.5||41 1/3||9.0||8.5||260 (2.0)||260 (2.5)||260 (2.0)|
|8||42||9.5||9.0||265 (2.0)||265 (2.5)||265 (2.0)|
|8.5||42 2/3||10.0||9.5||270 (2.0)||270 (2.5)||270 (2.5)|
|9||43 1/3||10.5||10.0||275 (2.0)||275 (2.5)||275 (2.5)|
|9.5||44||11.0||10.5||280 (2.5)||280 (2.5)|
|10||44 2/3||11.5||11.0||285 (2.5)||285 (2.5)|
|10.5||45 1/3||12.0||11.5||290 (2.5)||290 (2.5)|
|11||46||12.5||12.0||295 (2.5)||295 (2.5)|
|11.5||46 2/3||13.0||12.5||300 (2.5)||300 (2.5)|
|12||47 1/3||13.5||13.0||305 (2.5)||305 (2.5)|
|12.5||48||14.0||13.5||310 (2.5)||310 (2.5)|
|13||48 2/3||14.5||14.0||315 (2.5)||315 (2.5)|
|13.5||49 1/3||15.0||14.5||320 (2.5)||320 (2.5)|