Trovat Guide High GTX® Men
The mountain hiking boot for demanding leisure hikers. High-quality, flexible 100% leather with all-round protective rubber rand, very adaptive 3D tongue and butter-soft Nappa leather heel collar. The GORE-TEX Performance Comfort Footwear membrane ensures waterproofing and climate comfort. Perfect heel support is provided by the patented Base Fit 2.0 heel strap system, which features a doubled, sliding band and 3-zone lacing. The elastic GORE-TEX tongue construction and memo foam provide additional comfort. The proven Vibram MT Traction II sole ensures stability on all surfaces.
|Weight for UK size 8.5 per shoe [g]:||780|
Characteristics / Features
|Flex index:||B1 bedingt steigeisenfest|
|Shoe / boot cut:||Board lasting|
|Weight for UK size 8.5 per shoe [g]:||780|
- The latest development of this patented technology strengthens heel support thanks to free-sliding doubled heel straps which distribute the lines of force above and below the heel bone. Resulting in greater safety, more precision and reduced blistering.
- This patented Mammut technology is an anatomically shaped heel cap which prevents the foot from twisting outwards by means of a reinforced interior. Handling – semi-visible or fully integrated.
- The patented Mammut sole concept with customized support and cushioning to support natural foot roll, and thus prevent fatigue (danger of twisting).
- Premium quality foam cushioning which is worked into the instep, shin, and ankles of many Mammut models. The foam has excellent elasticity and returns to its original shape after being subject to intensive loads.
- Elastic GORE-TEX® tongue construction
- Lining and padding systemTakes account of the different areas of the footLess perspiration, exposure to cold, pressure
- Individual 3-zone lacingPersonalized and adaptable binding
- High cut rubber edge
- Board lasted
- Strap-on crampon compatible B1 / A9
- Easy resoling
Elastic GORE-TEX Tongue Construction
No formation of creases in the tongue areaEasier to put on and take off
Creates suitable support and damping on specific areas of the footOptimizes natural anti-roll behaviourReduces fatigue (danger of twisting the ankle)Sole concept designed to orthopaedic findingsReduces the weight of the sole
Lining and padding systemTakes account of the different areas of the footLess perspiration, exposure to cold, pressure
Guarantees an individual fitPads the foot on the instep, shinbone and ankle
Prevents the foot from bending over outwards thanks to a reinforced inner sideProtects against injuriesEnables lots of flexibility forwards and backwards despite high lateral support
3 Zone lacing
Individual 3-zone lacingPersonalized and adaptable binding
Base Fit 2.0
Doubled heel strapsLines of force run above and below the heel boneImproved heel support and reduced blistering
Full grain Leather
GORE-TEX Performance Comfort Footwear
100% guaranteed waterproof thanks to premium quality high-fitting, sealed, insert socks made of PTFC (PolyTetraFluorCarbone). The Performance version offers excellent breathability with average warming ability.
vibram MT Traction II Sole
Backpacking sole with high tread depthPD Cage TPU element integrated in the wedgeProven Mammut Rolling Concept with flexible ribs
Shoes must be protected from water, wet conditions and dirt. Since wet conditions and dirt affect leather's natural properties, such as temperature control and comfort, shoe care is a very important area.
- Use a brush to remove any dirt, or brush the shoe under running water to remove persistent soiling
- Leather cleaning products are not recommended since the soap damages the waterproofing treatment
- After cleaning the shoes, rub in the appropriate wax or silicone-based care products or polish them using a soft brush
- Dry leather needs nutrients in the form of wax (no grease or oil). Apply a very thin layer and then work into the leather
- The application of wax makes nubuk or velours leather appear darker and smoother. Liquid care products maintain the leather's original appearance for longer, but provide fewer nutrients
- The best way to clean the lining (textile, GORE-TEX® and leather) is using lots of cold water and a sponge. The lining retains high quantities of salt from perspiration. In the long term, these can have a damaging effect on textiles and leather lining materials.
- A waterproofing treatment should be applied regularly to footwear. We recommend sprays without fluorcarbone, the surrounding says thank you!
- Waterproofing treatments work best when applied immediately after cleaning, once the shoe is completely dry. To ensure maximum performance, we recommended reapplying a waterproofing treatment the day before a tour.
- Waterproofing is important to keep your feet dry. Leather or textiles saturated with dirt and water are no longer able to breathe, resulting in increased perspiration.
- To achieve optimal resistance to water and dirt, the waterproofing treatment should be applied to clean and dry leather. Clean the shoes first.
- The waterproofing treatment can be applied as soon as the leather is completely dry.
- Spray the shoes thoroughly in a well-ventilated room or in the open air, using slow and even movements, from a distance of around 20 cm.
- Wait until the shoes are completely dry before wearing them. 100 percent protection will be achieved after around 24 hours.
If leather is not cared for regularly, it becomes hard and brittle and its appearance suffers. Shoe care is important to prevent this. This makes the leather pliant, flexible and keeps it looking good. Regular care also prevents the appearance of small cracks.
- Remove shoelaces and insoles.
- Carefully remove dirt from the shoes using a brush. For persistent soiling, you can also brush the shoes under running water. Do not use any cleaning products. Soap damages leather.
- Stuff cleaned leather shoes with newspaper, and change the newspaper regularly. This helps them to dry faster. (N.B. GORE TEX-lined shoes dry better without any newspaper inside them)
- Wait until the leather is completely dry, before treating them.
Our feet can be encased in our shoes for up to 16 hours during long hikes, bicycle tours or a long working day. Sweat accumulates in socks and shoes. The comforting warmth of this enclosed damp environment creates the ideal breeding ground for germs. Regular application of freshening products helps to keep the inside of your shoes fresh and clean.
If stored properly, a shoe retains its shape and function for a longer period. Never store shoes when they are wet or dirty. This makes the leather brittle.
- After wearing, store shoes with tongues fully open and insoles removed in a shady, dry and well-ventilated area
- Shoe trees should always be placed in dry shoes before storage
- Never store shoes when they are wet, or in poorly ventilated places, such as in a car, a plastic bag or a cellar
- Do not dry near a source of heat (fire, hot stove, etc.)
- Shoes with leather linings can be stuffed with newspaper. Shoes with a GORE-TEX lining dry faster without any newspaper inside
All shoe sizes are shown in UK sizes.
|3.5||36||5.0||4.5||220 (2.0)||220 (2.0)|
|4||36 2/3||5.5||5.0||225 (2.0)||225 (2.0)|
|4.5||37 1/3||6.0||5.5||230 (2.0)||230 (2.0)|
|5||38||6.5||6.0||235 (2.0)||235 (2.0)|
|5.5||38 2/3||7.0||6.5||240 (2.0)||240 (2.0)|
|6||39 1/3||7.5||7.0||245 (2.0)||245 (2.5)||245 (2.0)|
|6.5||40||8.0||7.5||250 (2.0)||250 (2.5)||250 (2.0)|
|7||40 2/3||8.5||8.0||255 (2.0)||255 (2.5)||255 (2.0)|
|7.5||41 1/3||9.0||8.5||260 (2.0)||260 (2.5)||260 (2.0)|
|8||42||9.5||9.0||265 (2.0)||265 (2.5)||265 (2.0)|
|8.5||42 2/3||10.0||9.5||270 (2.0)||270 (2.5)||270 (2.5)|
|9||43 1/3||10.5||10.0||275 (2.0)||275 (2.5)||275 (2.5)|
|9.5||44||11.0||10.5||280 (2.5)||280 (2.5)|
|10||44 2/3||11.5||11.0||285 (2.5)||285 (2.5)|
|10.5||45 1/3||12.0||11.5||290 (2.5)||290 (2.5)|
|11||46||12.5||12.0||295 (2.5)||295 (2.5)|
|11.5||46 2/3||13.0||12.5||300 (2.5)||300 (2.5)|
|12||47 1/3||13.5||13.0||305 (2.5)||305 (2.5)|
|12.5||48||14.0||13.5||310 (2.5)||310 (2.5)|
|13||48 2/3||14.5||14.0||315 (2.5)||315 (2.5)|
|13.5||49 1/3||15.0||14.5||320 (2.5)||320 (2.5)|