Maximum protection thanks to Mammut Protection Airbags
The Mammut Protection Airbag System is the newly developed version of the well-known Snowpulse Lifebag System. The special shape of the airbag protects the head, neck and chest area from injuries and ensures an optimal position in an avalanche. One new feature is the fact that the airbag system is completely removable, allowing you to always select the appropriate backpack type for the relevant application.
The Mammut Protection Airbag System brings additional trauma protection to the tried-and-tested Removable Airbag System (R.A.S.). After you pull on the deployment handle, the integrated compressed air cartridge inflates the airbag in three seconds. The shape of the airbag protects the wearer's head, neck and chest area from mechanical injuries and in the event of an avalanche ensures an optimal position by keeping the head and upper body on the surface. In addition to the safety features, the designers have managed to create a completely removable airbag system. This allows the user to swap one system between different backpacks, allowing him or her to always select the right backpack for the relevant application. The four compatible Protection Airbag ready-models - Rocker, Ride, Light and Pro - with backpack volumes from 15 to 35 liters, offer something for every tour.
Head on top technology
The "head on top technology" ensures that in most cases the wearer comes to rest with his or her back facing down the slope and their head on the surface of the snow. This is the ideal position since it means that the respiratory tracts are not covered by snow, thus reducing the risk of suffocation. The basis of the head on top technology is the special shape and positioning of the airbag. The main buoyancy volume of the airbag is located around and above the wearer’s head.
Around 20% (varies depending on the country and season) of deaths in avalanches are caused by trauma. These are mechanical injuries which can be sustained from impacts as you are carried along in the avalanche. Trauma occurs with even greater frequency in areas below the tree line. These injuries are often in the head, neck and chest area. It is precisely these very sensitive areas of the body which are protected by the special shape of the airbag.
Features (e.g. Ride Protection Airbag):
– Protection Airbag System: The enhanced Snowpulse avalanche airbag system offering full protection: head on top, trauma protection and completely removable (SET Airbag System already integrated; READY without airbag system, the system can be purchased separately)
- Safety leg loop
- 3-step back length adjustment
- V-frame 6 mm aluminum, adjustable
- Thermoformed back for high carrying comfort
- Front pocket for avalanche safety equipment
- Diagonal, stowable ski carrier
- Stowable snowboard carrier
- Helmet carrier with snow protection, stowable
- Stowable axe-pole carrier
- Lateral compression straps
- Hip belt pocket
- Soft, lined glasses compartment
- Range of inner compartments
- SOS label with emergency instructions
- Hydration system-compatible