Nordwand High GTX RRP $ 595.00
Despite a complete range of technical features, this gaiter boot is the lightest in its category, making it a perfect fit for the Eiger Extreme line. It is the ideal companion on high-altitude tours, ice climbing and expeditions, and integrates the patented Base Fit technology to help prevent the foot from slipping in the boot. Water resistance and optimal moisture regulation are achieved thanks to the double GORE-TEX construction in the inner shoe and on the gaiter. They tried-and-tested Easy Entry system allows you to put it on quickly and easily, even when wearing thick gloves. The Speed Lace lacing and Power Strap are also glove-compatible and ensure the perfect grip in any situation. The full-gaiter with a water-resistant YKK zipper provides protection from snow, water and cold. The invisible technical highlight is the patented double-insulated carbon insole, creating maximum weight reduction and rigidity combined with optimal insulation. Attachment loops for gaiters integrated in pants or external gaiters are also available.
Shoes must be protected from water, wet conditions and dirt. Since wet conditions and dirt affect leather's natural properties, such as temperature control and comfort, shoe care is a very important area.
- Use a brush to remove any dirt, or brush the shoe under running water to remove persistent soiling
- Leather cleaning products are not recommended since the soap damages the waterproofing treatment
- After cleaning the shoes, rub in the appropriate wax or silicone-based care products or polish them using a soft brush
- Dry leather needs nutrients in the form of wax (no grease or oil). Apply a very thin layer and then work into the leather
- The application of wax makes nubuk or velours leather appear darker and smoother. Liquid care products maintain the leather's original appearance for longer, but provide fewer nutrients
- The best way to clean the lining (textile, GORE-TEX® and leather) is using lots of cold water and a sponge. The lining retains high quantities of salt from perspiration. In the long term, these can have a damaging effect on textiles and leather lining materials.