CHECK YOUR SAFETY GEAR !
POWDER ACTION? SAFE BET!
In climbing, a partner check has been a matter of course for many years. When freeriding or ski touring it is also important to check your equipment for the winter in time. At Mammut we can assist you with your pre-season checklist:
- Is your avalanche transceiver visibly damaged?
- Are three new identical batteries in the device and are the contacts clean?
- Have you turned the device on and conducted a self and battery test?
- Is the latest firmware installed (for the PULSE® Barryvox)?
- Is the airbag system properly fixed (zippers closed, etc.)?
- Is the cartridge full and has it been weighed (weight +/− 5 g)?
- Have you tested the airbag by deploying it without the cartridge?
- Is the cartridge installed correctly?
- Is the deployment mechanism ready?
- Have you checked the venturi connection?
Of course, the shovel and probe must function properly and must not be missing from your backpack!
All check? Then there’s nothing standing between you and powder fun! If you have any questions about equipment or maintenance, please contact your retailer.
Service bulletin for inspection of Mammut / Snowpulse avalanche airbags
Follow-up inspections have shown that there is an assembly problem affecting individual Mammut/Snowpulse avalanche airbags from the Winter 2011/2012 and Winter 2012/2013 production seasons. The problem is an improperly screwed in connector between the deployment mechanism and the venturi valve.
Since Mammut cannot rule out that this problem could result in a loss of function in the event of use, we we would like to ask you to inspect the connection in accordance with the following instructions.
If you identify a problem we advise you to discontinue using the airbag immediately. If this is the case, please contact our Mammut customer services to arrange a repair.
The recall affects Mammut and Snowpulse avalanche airbags with Inflation System 2.0 from the production seasons 2011/2012 and 2012/2013. You will find instructions on how to determine the production season of your avalanche airbag below.
The call for inspection does not affect avalanche airbags manufactured before or after these seasons.
Mammut recommends all airbag owners to check the connection as part of their regular equipment check before each season.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this and sincerely thank you for your patience.
Airbag Backpack Check!
1. Determine whether your avalanche airbag is affected by this recall for inspection.
Check which production season your avalanche airbag is from.
You can determine the production season using the deployment mechanism.
2. Determine whether the connector between the deployment mechanism and the venturi valve isproperly screwed in.
This is where you should check.
Lift the airbag system to see the connection.
3. If the connector is not properly screwed in, please discontinue use of the airbag immediately and contact Mammut customer services to arrange a free repair.
Cus Customer service contact details
Mammut Sports Group GmbH
Mammut Basecamp 1
+49 8334 36 20 301
Mammut Sports Group AG
+41 62 769 82 59
Mammut Sports Group Inc.
458 Hurricane Lane
+1 800 451 5127
Mountain Sports Distribution
802 9th St N
TF: 1-888-987-SLED (7533)
+41 62 769 81 25