Merlon GTX Men RRP SFr. 250.00
Crampon-compatible alpine boot for via ferrata and alpine activities, made from velours leather, synthetic leather and Dropstop Textil. The asymmetric lacing takes the anatomy of the foot into consideration and places more pressure on the big toes, resulting in greater precision. The patented Mammut® Base Fit technology transfers the power from the lacing area to the sole via free-sliding webbing. The water-resistant GORE-TEX® Performance® Comfort Footwear membrane and the multifunctional vibram® Maton sole with integrated Climbing Zone, the lightweight cushioning Poro wedge and the all-round rubber rand add the finishing touches.
Shoes must be protected from water, wet conditions and dirt. Since wet conditions and dirt affect leather's natural properties, such as temperature control and comfort, shoe care is a very important area.
- Use a brush to remove any dirt, or brush the shoe under running water to remove persistent soiling
- Leather cleaning products are not recommended since the soap damages the waterproofing treatment
- After cleaning the shoes, rub in the appropriate wax or silicone-based care products or polish them using a soft brush
- Dry leather needs nutrients in the form of wax (no grease or oil). Apply a very thin layer and then work into the leather
- The application of wax makes nubuk or velours leather appear darker and smoother. Liquid care products maintain the leather's original appearance for longer, but provide fewer nutrients
- The best way to clean the lining (textile, GORE-TEX® and leather) is using lots of cold water and a sponge. The lining retains high quantities of salt from perspiration. In the long term, these can have a damaging effect on textiles and leather lining materials.