Ridge Low GTX Women RRP $ 149.00
A low cut velours shoe developed specifically for climbing routes - robust, relieving, direct, close to the foot and the ground. With integrated memo foam and pre-shaped tab. Additional comfort and safety are provided by the tried and tested GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort Footwear membrane and the newly developed gripex™ IronGrip sole with integrated Sonar technology, flexible lamellas and a special cleat and rubber mix for better grip not only on the Via Ferrata irons.
Shoes must be protected from water, wet conditions and dirt. Since wet conditions and dirt affect leather's natural properties, such as temperature control and comfort, shoe care is a very important area.
- Use a brush to remove any dirt, or brush the shoe under running water to remove persistent soiling
- Leather cleaning products are not recommended since the soap damages the waterproofing treatment
- After cleaning the shoes, rub in the appropriate wax or silicone-based care products or polish them using a soft brush
- Dry leather needs nutrients in the form of wax (no grease or oil). Apply a very thin layer and then work into the leather
- The application of wax makes nubuk or velours leather appear darker and smoother. Liquid care products maintain the leather's original appearance for longer, but provide fewer nutrients
- The best way to clean the lining (textile, GORE-TEX® and leather) is using lots of cold water and a sponge. The lining retains high quantities of salt from perspiration. In the long term, these can have a damaging effect on textiles and leather lining materials.