Montosa GTX RRP $ 329.00
The younger and slightly higher cut successor of the long-standing classic Meridian GTX. The toe spring has been slightly raised to create more rounded rolling behavior, the wrinkle-free, adjustable elastic GORE-TEX double-tongue construction has been enhanced by the proven Easy Entry System and the high-quality Perwanger leather updated to 2.4 mm. This makes this crampon-compatible mountain boot a lighter and very comfortable choice, offering tailored support for a wide range of mountain pursuits. The newly developed 3-stage wedge made from Poro, PU and TPU provides additional comfort and support. This little gem is rounded off by the very grippy Vibram Maton sole with structured Climbing Zone.
Shoes must be protected from water, wet conditions and dirt. Since wet conditions and dirt affect leather's natural properties, such as temperature control and comfort, shoe care is a very important area.
- Use a brush to remove any dirt, or brush the shoe under running water to remove persistent soiling
- Leather cleaning products are not recommended since the soap damages the waterproofing treatment
- After cleaning the shoes, rub in the appropriate wax or silicone-based care products or polish them using a soft brush
- Dry leather needs nutrients in the form of wax (no grease or oil). Apply a very thin layer and then work into the leather
- The application of wax makes nubuk or velours leather appear darker and smoother. Liquid care products maintain the leather's original appearance for longer, but provide fewer nutrients
- The best way to clean the lining (textile, GORE-TEX® and leather) is using lots of cold water and a sponge. The lining retains high quantities of salt from perspiration. In the long term, these can have a damaging effect on textiles and leather lining materials.