Eiswand GTX RRP $ 450.00
This completely crampon-compatible boot has been developed on the basis of the highly acclaimed Mamook GTX®, with the aim of further reducing the weight and ensuring even more precise climbing performance. The proven Easy Entry system makes the boot more comfortable to put on and take off. It also incorporates the familiar Base Fit®, Motion Control®, elastic Gore-Tex® tongue construction, 3 zone lacing, the Gore-Tex® Performance Footwear membrane, the Vibram® Maton sole and the patented insulated carbon insole.
Shoes must be protected from water, wet conditions and dirt. Since wet conditions and dirt affect leather's natural properties, such as temperature control and comfort, shoe care is a very important area.
- Use a brush to remove any dirt, or brush the shoe under running water to remove persistent soiling
- Leather cleaning products are not recommended since the soap damages the waterproofing treatment
- After cleaning the shoes, rub in the appropriate wax or silicone-based care products or polish them using a soft brush
- Dry leather needs nutrients in the form of wax (no grease or oil). Apply a very thin layer and then work into the leather
- The application of wax makes nubuk or velours leather appear darker and smoother. Liquid care products maintain the leather's original appearance for longer, but provide fewer nutrients
- The best way to clean the lining (textile, GORE-TEX® and leather) is using lots of cold water and a sponge. The lining retains high quantities of salt from perspiration. In the long term, these can have a damaging effect on textiles and leather lining materials.