Sébastien De Sainte Marie
"I want to skiing down the most beautiful, steepest and daring alpine routes."
How did I first get into mountain climbing?
At the age of 16. I was tired of competitive sport and signed up for an introductory course in mountaineering. I took to it right from the start and was soon hooked on climbing expeditions, ice waterfalls and alpinism. A year later, on the strength of my 12 seasons of skiing, I decided to attempt a steep slope expedition on the north west face of the Aiguille du Midi, on the Glacier Rond. It was like a lightning bolt. I discovered a passion that would never leave me: skiing down the most beautiful, steepest and daring alpine routes.
What are your goals?
Living happily with my sweetheart. Never stopping my exploration of the world.
My Top 3
• First ski descent of "Brenvitudes" on the Brenva side of Mont Blanc
• Ski descent of the British Route on the south face of Shishapangma (Tibet) from an altitude of 7,400 m. (2011).
• First ski descent from the couloir direct to Pointe d’Aufalle (Switzerland/Vaud) (2010)
• Pécloz (France)
• Pic Roseg (Switzerland)
• Moine (Chamonix, France)
• A good coffee by reading a book
Mammut means to me:
The brand of innovation, always searching for the product most suited to the alpinist's constraints, with Swiss quality. It's a source of pride being a Mammut ambassador.
My Mammut products:
• Felsturm Half-Zip Jacket
• Broad Peak 2 Jacket
• Backpack Spindrift light 30