"Speed plus great heights, that what I'm all about. I'm determined and focus my energies only on unconquered tasks."
How did I first get into mountain climbing?
My first experiences in the mountains were with my dad, back in 1968(!). I began climbing mountains on my own from 1980 onwards. My first experience of "thin" air was in 1990. From then on, the only way was up.
What are your goals?
During my successful TRIPLE SEVEN SUMMITS project, I had to climb some very unknown mountains. As well as rediscovering the "speed" factor, this seven-year project put me back in touch with the "adventure" factor. Suddenly mountains were emerging that I had never even heard of before. My new project is also following this direction.
My Top 3
• TRIPLE SEVEN SUMMITS - the first person on the three highest summits on all seven continents
• Ascent of K2 after five summers in a row
• Ten six thousand meter peaks in seven days
• Kangchenzönga (fantastic view from the summit!)
• The mountains of Antarctica
Mammut means to me:
More than just a brand. I know the people behind the products. These people work with a great deal of idealism and cool ideas. If only every company were the same...
My Mammut products:
• 8.0 Phoenix
• Ajungilak Sphere
• LVS PULSE Barryvox