CHECK YOUR SAFETY GEAR !
POWDER ACTION? SAFE BET!
In climbing, a partner check has been a matter of course for many years. When freeriding or ski touring it is also important to check your equipment for the winter in time. At Mammut we can assist you with your pre-season checklist:
- Is your avalanche transceiver visibly damaged?
- Are three new identical batteries in the device and are the contacts clean?
- Have you turned the device on and conducted a self and battery test?
- Is the latest firmware installed (for the PULSE® Barryvox)?
- Is the airbag system properly fixed (zippers closed, etc.)?
- Is the cartridge full and has it been weighed (weight +/− 5 g)?
- Have you tested the airbag by deploying it without the cartridge?
- Is the cartridge installed correctly?
- Is the deployment mechanism ready?
- Have you checked the venturi connection?
Of course, the shovel and probe must function properly and must not be missing from your backpack!
All check? Then there’s nothing standing between you and powder fun! If you have any questions about equipment or maintenance, please contact your retailer.